SUNRISE SLEEPY EYED:
So, our babies graduated high school which means that they are officially not babies anymore. They are now college freshmen at the University of Missouri in Columbia which means that Hannah, Delia, Lizzie and I are all living in the same town. This is a very special thing. It means that we get to share meals, that I am officially a member of Dubb Nubb and that the four of us are starting a new band together!!! Here is a list of some other cool things that have happened to us lately:
1. The Riverfront Times music feature article by our friend Mike. He interviewed us and came to a bunch of our shows this summer and wrote a great article about Special Passenger and Dubb Nubb. Read it here!
2. The Boone Dawdle. We all played on the MKT trail during the True False Boone Dawdle, a bike ride to the winery in Rocheport. Dubb Nubb played for 300 bikers next to a snow cone/pickle stand and Lizzie and Britt played and rode a tandem bike down the whole trail. The next day, Dubb Nubb’s picture was in the front page of the Columbia Tribune!
3. LOU FEST!!! Dubb Nubb played on the Area K stage for a really really nice group of friends, kids and people walking by. The festival was awesome and we werevery honored to get to play. Oh, and Delia and my picture was in the paper the next day. Go figure.
4. We released a song!!! Inspired by our time at Loufest, we released a song off the new Dubb Nubb album. The song is called ‘Mound City Baby‘and it is Dubb Nubb’s ode to St. Louis. The song was written for our compilation project Feels Like Coming Home which will feature an awesome song by Lizzie too. You can listen to the Dubb Nubb song below and download it off bandcamp.
5. Pearl and the Beard show!!! Last week we opened for one of our favorite bands, Pearl and the Beard. Sigh. Just please see them next time they are in your town, ok? And give them breakfast and hugs. We can’t wait for them to come back for True False.
TOUR DATES!!! YEAH!!!
Fri 20th: Cousin Danny’s kickstarter house party. He earned it!!!
Sun 22nd: COLUMBIA, MO at Sparky’s Homemade Ice Cream! Come celebrate our 19th b-day with ice cream and jams!!!!!
Mon 23rd: CARBONDALE, IL TBA
Tues 24th: MEMPHIS, TN free show at Shangri-La Records afternoontime yeah!
Thurs 26th: JACKSON, MS Hal & Mals with Liver Mousse!!!!
Fri 27th: FLORENCE, AL Rivertown with McKenzie Lockhart
Sat 28th: KNOXVILLE, TN Pilot Light with Skeleton Coast
Sun 29th: CHATTANOOGA, TN TBA
Mon 30th: NASVILLE, TN Memorial Day BBQ at Chris Wheeler’s house!
Tues 31st: MADISON, IN TBA
Dudes. It is totally the middle of April and worlds of things are happening in our tiny little world but here are some things that happened back in the day. (March) It started out with the True False Film Festival which was wonderful enough to invite both Dubb Nubb and Lizzie Wright Super Space Ship to play before films. People liked us.
We released a special Lizzie EP just for festival attendees with 4 songs that she wrote on her birthday and BUG TRADING CARDS!!
OK ALSO, DUBB NUBB RECORDED A FULL LENGTH ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!
Yep. Zoe McRuth came to town for a week and recorded a Dubb Nubb full length album that will come out this July. It was a blast and we are so excited to hear the songs and then let you hear them too. It’s 11 songs and features some of our friends like Lizzie and Emily D. and Cecelia and I even played drums and glockenspiel. Zoe is also an amazing photographer and took pics of the nubbs playing a house show, and recording, and becoming MERMAIDS!!!!
Did you know that 2011 is going to be the best year ever? We are starting the year with SO MANY EXCITING THINGS to share. Check it out:
DUBB NUBB is featured in January’s issue of St. Louis Magazine! Pick one up around St. Louis and we will post the article as soon as they add it to their website.
January 14th is the release of the SHINY MOUNTAIN SPLIT, a 7″ featuring Dubb Nubb and uncle Cory Taylor Cox! Come to the release show in St. Louis at Foam and order your record today on our Kickstarter page. We will be touring to Bloomington, IN as well as the Daytrotter studo in Rock Island and Iowa City. Show details coming soon.
LIZZIE WRIGHT SUPER SPACE SHIP is currently recording a full length album! She recorded most of the album in Boulder, CO before Christmas and just finished some additional instrumentation in Jackson. There will be 11 songs featuring lots of special appearances by some really talented and wonderful people including Tyler Despres, Nathan Wheeler, Jamie Weems, Matthew Mcgee, Neal Wright, Alex Pieschel, and Amanda! The album will be coming out this spring!!!
Amanda and Annie are beginning a long term project that involves a compilation album and an eventual documentary film called FEELS LIKE COMING HOME. For a long time now, Annie the anthropologist has been thinking about indie-music scenes as meaningful communities for American youth culture, and we’re going to explore this idea through the music from these communities. Spesh Pass has been recruiting bands from all over the country to write songs about their homes for a compilation album to be released this Spring. Then, over the next year or so, Amanda and Annie are going to travel to the homes of these bands, put on shows, and film interviews for a documentary about indie music scenes across the nation. Wheeeee!
yay! happy 2011 to all the special passengers of the world!
More like Dubb Nubb in the news! This week the Riverfront Times did an article about eleven local bands St. Louisians need to know about in 2011, and guess who was one of them? The article is great and it announces some exciting things about Dubb Nubb that we are so happy to share!
First is that we are releasing our very first vinyl project, a split 7″ record with Dubb Nubb and Cory Taylor Cox. Each band has a side with a new song and a cover of one of the other band’s previous songs. The album will be released January 14th at Foam in St. Louis. We are handprinting a limited run of 300 albums featuring a design by Ben Chlapek of Never Sleeping and the record itself will be transparent gold! Please help us out with upfront costs by preordering your copy of the Shiny Mountain Split on our Kickstarter page.
The other big announcement is that Dubb Nubb is recording a Daytrotter session in January!! Daytrotter is Hannah and Delia’s favorite music website and it has been a dream of theirs to do a session. We are so excited and proud of our little nubbies.
We wish you a happy and special Hanukkah!! Please celebrate by downloading these Hanukkah songs by all four Special Passenger Bands:
Don’t have a menorah? (mine got lost in the Josh Hailey garage sale extravaganza) Click here to light a virtual menorah! Need some more information about Hanukkah? Google it!
Enjoy the last two nights of Hanukkah!! Happy winter!